Thursday 12 April 2012

Blood Ravens Devastators COMPLETED

Well, it took me a while longer than I expected but the rest of the Devastator squad is now complete. Like the rest of my non-veteran Blood Ravens they've got 5th Company markings and are fairly unadorned, because, well thats how I see non-veteran Marines looking. Of course, this is pretty much a mess as far as a proper table-top squad goes, due to the mixed bag of weapons, but I wanted to try some different things with different weapons, and besides, looking cool is more important than battlefield efficiency, right?

Pictures below the cut.









4 comments:

  1. Nice work. The freehand script on the shoulders is a nice touch along with the roman numerals.

    Well done.
    Ron, FTW

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're getting better and better with every model. Really like the red finish on the armour, it looks ever so slightly metallic.

    The particle effect on the plasma cannon is very nice too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah i'm really pleased with my first attempt with the glow effect. i was really nervous about doing it!

      definately a little worn out on painting Red now though, next project will be a change.

      Delete
  3. I think you should be really pleased with that plasma glow effect. I think it has turned out far better than my last attempt on my Dark Angels. You have much stronger contrast and light sourcing. Two thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete