Saturday 5 November 2011

Something a Bit Different

I'm having a bit of a major dither about what to paint up next - largely torn between expanding the Blood Ravens force a bit more and a desire to do something in "not red". In the meantime, a mate sent me a link to Mongoose Publishing's Judge Dredd Minatures Games, which do some great figures based the 2000ad stories.  And I've always particularly remembered the Kleggs from when I was a kid - you'll notice my profile uses a picture of one - and I really couldn't resist.

Very quick paint this, actually, as it's mostly strong, bold colours in big blocks, as you'd expect for a comic character. And a bit of a reminder of how much I dislike painting metal compared to plastics or resin. And the base is just greenstuff pushed around to look give a muddy texture, then painted up. Anyhow, pictures!

Its a really nice pose, in my opinion, and a nice rendition
of the character - a little simple but that's how they're drawn. 

From the Front, with his snaggly teeth!

And the jet-pack. All the reference drawings I can find do
them silver, but there are few enough colours on him as it is!


3 comments:

  1. Love it! What a great model. Came out looking nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheers :)

    it surprised me how much fun it was do something in bold, simple colours, and the sculpt is lovely. actually their whole range is - if i had a half-way decent chance of playing the game this guys from i'd probably buy more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another nice piece of work. I particularly like the mud effect on the base, which is a nice contrast to the rest of a very bold colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete