Friday 9 March 2012

All Your Bases...

So I've been having more fun with powders, this time on the basing work I've done on my Terminators. I will probably stick up some long shots of the completed figures at some point, but my toy of the moment is definitely the weathering powders, and they are great on basing material. All my Blood Ravens have so far have been based on a sort of rocky, deserty gravel material, and the larger bases for the Terminators just meant a little more details. This time it's rocks and the odd hit of grass tufts, to give the effect of a marginal scrubland, and powders have been used to blend the rocks and the lower legs of the marines in to the surface.

Anyway, here they are:





2 comments:

  1. Ah, those look great. The powders really help tie the figures into the base.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the powders are great - another one of those easy-yet-impressive techniques that everyone should try.

      Delete