Wednesday 14 September 2011

WiP: Blood Ravens Predator

After a lot of drilling, filing and assembling, I've finally got some paint on my Predator. So far I've completed the Heavy Bolter Sponsoons and the Turret, which isn't bad for the best part of a week's work. I'm using the same technique I used on the Dreadnaught - Black Primer, then Mech Red Base, followed by successive coats of Scab Red and thinned Blood Red over the top. The turret has taken 3 of the Blood Red coats and i'm pretty happy with the effect; it looks sort of worn but clean, and the orange line-highlights pick out the shape nicely.

At least thats what I think; comments are always appreciated.

Heavy Bolter Sponsoons

Completed Turret - the Hatch will have a Blood Raven Symbol on it

The hull only has the Mech red base and Scab Red coat on it.
Thats a big job comming up!
Finally, my research into other Blood Raven designs turned up this thread on dakkadakka.com. I am officially intimidated, as this guys stuff is awesome!

2 comments:

  1. Looks good. If you want to create a simple worn effect, just dry brush on a bit of boltgun metal or chainmail onto the corners. It will be more subtle than extensive weathering, but the tank will show signs of a little wear and tear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good point, i may try that. certainly it won't be anything i can't recover if i don't like it.

    ReplyDelete