Thursday 2 February 2012

WiP: Blood Ravens Venerable Dreadnought

This isn't a Blood Ravens Specific Blog. Really, it's not. It's just...I've got really into painting them (and Marine figures in general) and I'm - quite - sick of painting things Red yet. So after finishing the Razorback and the Librarian, I turned to my next little project, a Venerable Dreadnought and a Terminator Squad. Madness.

I've spent a fair bit of time on the Dread, and have been taking the usual reference pics as I go, and this is the assembled status so far. The "Dawn of War" look for dreads is redder than I'm using, with the cream colour reserved for the engine bay, but I like the idea that Dreads try to mimic the Marine scheme a bit more closely (in deference to their "walking marine corpse" driver so I've gone for a variant that lets me have a large cream shoulder. I think it counterpoints the large Black-painted faceplates reasonably well. Pictures below the cut.


These pics have washed out the red a little here, its more vibrant
in real life. Most the detailing is unfinished too, but this gives a good
impression of where the main colour blocks are going. 

The legs aren't as complete as the top, and the plates there need
the black borders, which will clean them up immensely. 

THE MOULD LINE! THE HORRIBLE MOULD LINE. Bugger. 


No comments:

Post a Comment